Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

challenge no.3: Draw a bag, wallet or purse

Yes, that ballpoint is the culprit.


I told you I'd post a new drawing today and I mean it. Of course, it's unfinished but I have a pretty good reason. As you can see, I was nearing the end of it when my new (bought the other day) Faber-Castell ballpoint stopped working. It's included in the picture so you can see the culprit and hopefully avoid it if you are ever working on some important piece.

Anyway, it's still full of ink but it just won't write anymore. I bought only one of its kind. Also, if you notice, this is the first time I've actually done something in blue ink. At first, it looked a bit odd and I simply didn't like it but I've grown to love it somehow. I'm also sort of proud of this drawing. It's nowhere near perfect but it's definitely an improvement from my previous ones especially when it came to the hatching and shading. I'll try and post it again once everything's done, but for now, enjoy!

ps. If you're wondering what has inspired me to try out pen and ink again or simply start drawing/sketching again, check out andrea joseph. =)