Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

stickin' it through 'til the end

My 3 year old Converse. He's thinking of retiring soon. 


There are plenty of reasons why I don't like this drawing but I'm posting it anyway since I promised myself that I'd get back to sketching again by creating "one sketch per day," ahem, starting yesterday. ( I know, I know...this is already overdue) Anyway, been customizing shoes for awhile, and incidentally, the first EDM challenge is to draw a shoe, so I guess it's only fitting that this becomes my first (drawing) post. 


Started this sucker yesterday, but had to leave it alone to eat with friends from out of town which was fun, by the way.Visit Bourbon St. if you're ever in CDOC. (No, I do not get free food for this.) Got back late, so had to finish this today. I liked this drawing better yesterday though. The pen I used just wasn't working. It blotted too much and the nib was too thick. (Yes, I'm taking aim at you HBV ballpoint pen!) I guess I'm gonna have to raid the bookstore within the week to get better ones. I left it unfinished. Simply cannot/will not salvage it anymore, hopefully better drawings are up ahead. Oh yeah, these were done on my first Moleskine too, and I am loving them so far!