Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

some things are just not meant to be

Why am I double posting? Well, I have nothing better to do. Actually I do, but I'm procrastinating so I'll pass this blog post as something I MUST do so I won't feel so guilty. Anyway, as mentioned, still got plenty of things on my plate. Will be illustrating my friend's story pretty soon, if only I could get our damn printer to work. Rushing a pair of Jordan custom shoes, writing articles (WORK), looking for MORE work (to pay the bills) and possibly (crossing fingers and thumbs) joining an international art/sketchbook project. Also need to start on my Japanese Moleskine "plague" themed sketchbook and my portrait/painting sketchbook.

Speaking of portraits and paintings, guess what I found at our backyard.

singing with the weeds
 This was a portrait that I started a couple of years back. I think this was acrylic on board. After jetsetting for a couple of years and recently just came (visiting, really) home, I found it like this. Apparently, my mom found no use for it and dumped it here. It's all torn and the rain and sunshine like to bully it. Occasionally, stray cats like to snuggle up to it or use it for a scratch post. It's supposed to be Julian Casablancas. I kinda feel bad for it but I'm too jaded to pick it up or salvage it. There's another portrait of a girl behind it. At least I know he's not alone.