Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

then the third day came

I know that it's been awhile since I've posted anything on the site. Been feeling rather lazy lately. After chasing over countless deadlines, it felt good to finally get a breather. But now, it's back to the drawing board. I'm still waiting for my Japanese Moleskine to get here, a couple of art books that I really want, and maybe a lot of inspiration to hit.

Been reading tons of cool blogs though. I'll definitely post links here once I get the motivation to do so. Anyway, to make up. I'll post several drawings/doodles that I've done. Here's the first one.

Why so sad?
This was done using Sharpie markers on my pocket Quicksilver sketchbook. The paper on that sketchbook is a bit thick, a lot like cardboard so the markers didn't bleed through as much. It's just a quick doodle. I didn't even put much thought into what I was doing. It's my first drawing on that new sketchbook so it was a bit intimidating and I simply wanted to get it over with. For some reason new sketchbooks always do that to me. 

My shoe paints.

This was done just last night, in between watching an anime cartoon and talking to my little cousin. Yes, multi-tasking flows in my blood. Not sure if that's good or bad though. Anyway, I haven't painted for like ages so I thought I'd give it a try again. These were done using acrylics and pen on my Moley. I painted the background a yellowish ochre as a base. I've been motivated to just aim for quantity rather than quality for now. I think there's something about producing tons of work and learning from them that helps you get enough drive to improve your skills. 

 


Finally, this was completed just this afternoon. I actually got the concept a couple of nights ago when I was having trouble sleeping. I don't know, I just got an impulse to draw an eye at 2 AM. I started making the outline and noted down some ideas then simply inked them in today. This took about an hour to do. I do want to make a color painting out of this and maybe improve on some things later on. We'll see if I actually manage to do that though. =)