Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bright Summer Florals

Thought I'd share what's been keeping me preoccupied as of late. Apart from work (which includes plenty of face time with the computer still) I've been trying to expand my little side project. For a while now, I've been customizing or handpainting shoes. Mostly sneakers or slip-on comfy shoes. Currently, I'm expanding and thinking of including ladies shoes as well. Posting several pics of my project here. Was thinking of putting up a tutorial but I realized that I failed to document the stages of the project. Figured, it's not gonna be much of a tutorial if I only have the "after" picture in tow.

So far, I've done one. I know, not much, right? Well, actually worked on a couple but only finished this one for now. 





Yep, they're the ones posted on my banner pic. =) These shoes were for my cousin. Will be posting several more pretty soon and hopefully have them for sale at the store as well. 

If you're curious on how they looked like originally, here's a similar pic that I found online. These aren't the actual shoes since I forgot to take a picture of it before I started painting. However, they looked quite alike. 


Here are samples of the sneaker/slip-on shoes I've handpainted and customized.