Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Hunt is On

Spent my morning rewatching Michael Jackson's Thriller video and I realized how much I want his jackets (plural) in the video. I especially love the iconic red jacket but I also adore the varsity jacket his character was wearing on the opening movie scene. If you need a refresher, here's the video:

Found a similar Michael Jackson jacket on eBay but I wasn't able to bid on it. =( Le Blog de Betty has this jacket and she completely rocked it! Not sure how many times I've kept coming back to the picture below. It's just so amazing and looks perfect on her!


On another note, while watching the video, couldn't help but check out Ola Ray's outfit as well. She had two, the first one was this:


Apologize if it's a little blurry, this was the best image I could find on Google. You can check the video for a better look. I've seen similar variations of this look especially this season; the plain simple top with the slightly puffed skirt. Check out Jill Sanders SS11 below: 


And here are two of my favorite bloggers who have stamped their own personalities on this look:


The other outfit Ola Ray had in the Thriller video was this:


Yes, leopard pedal pants and matching denim jacket with faux leopard vest. Animal print did hit it big months ago but quite a lot of people still rock the print until now. Guess this shows just how much influence the "scary" 80s has on fashion today. 

Drop me a comment if you ever see a similar red jacket anywhere. Would love to check it out.